Moments of clarity can crop up at 2am, or during the rhythm of a long run. A writing blog.

06 November 2009

I promise Myself...

Perspective changes in a few feet of water.

Promises to Myself.
  1. I promise to be a person who has integrity, honor, courage, compassion, mercy, and trust in herself.
  2. I promise that I will surround myself with people that value the same characteristics.
  3. I promise that I will live, and love, my life, and spend that time as I want to, not as dictated by others.
  4. I promise to be so strong that nothing can break me.
  5. I promise that I will always take responsibility for my own actions, and understand that I can't do the same for others'.
  6. I promise that I will respect my physical and mental well-being.
  7. I promise to be completely honest with myself.
  8. I promise to only give myself to healthy relationships.
  9. I promise that I will never make excuses for unacceptable behavior others.
  10. I promise to forgive myself.
  11. I promise to learn from my experiences, and walk away from each with greater clarity, not baggage.
  12. I promise that my actions should not be directed by my feelings alone.
  13. I promise to give myself, 100%, to that which I choose to pursue.
  14. I promise to never squash the little voice.
  15. I promise to keep my word to myself and others, because it is mine to give, and because my word is something I value.
This list is important, I think. I may add to it; however, I shouldn't take any of these things away.

No comments: